[WriteLog] major WL RTTY problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] major WL RTTY problems
From: w7zr@citlink.net (Richard Zalewski)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 16:52:55 -0700
I previously posted problems with MMTTY and WL this weekend.  I am running
latest of both pieces of software.  The computer here is a 1.7G running
Win2K with all updates.

My problem was that after a period of time the receive function was terrible
to poor.  S9+ signals were marginal copy.  I did all the resets and punched
the ham button also followed AU's recommendations re afc and shifts.
Nothing worked.  I finally gave up during the test.  I worked at it for over
8 hours just fiddling to see what might get copy back.  I did NOT have any
problems on transmit, hangs or anything else.

Dick W7ZR