[WriteLog] USB, COM, LPT

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB, COM, LPT
From: W3YY@aol.com (W3YY@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2002 10:31:27 EDT
In a message dated 9/1/02 9:48:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time, n7us@arrl.net
writes:

> Has anyone tried USB 2.0?  The newer computers and peripherals have 2.0, and
> you can buy a board (Belkin ~$80, probably others) to add 2.0 to a PC with
> PCI slot.

I've seen positive reviews about the Belkin board, but I tried adding the
Belkin board to a 800 MHz Pentium III and could never get it to communicate
with my Palm USB interface.  Plus I started experiencing computer crashes.  I
did download the latest drivers from Belkin and called Belkin tech support,
which was a total waste of time.

After removing the board everything is back to normal.  I'm now using a
serial port to communicate with my Palm.

73, Bob - W3YY

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---