[WriteLog] RIT clearing from CW buffer?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RIT clearing from CW buffer?
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 21:32:28 -0500
Hi Barry, et. al.,

I have 10.35. I checked putting * in a message buffer. It does not clear the
RIT, nor does it send anything in CW. It's like it isn't there; not
surprising since * is not a valid CW character.

A personal view in that I don't think I would want it to clear the RIT
unless I pressed it on the keyboard. Many times I have left the RIT on a bit
off the transmitting frequency so as to better pick up calls in the pileup.
Yes, I've been to some stations in the US that actually GET pileups to
CQ's...

But, that's my personal view. The short answer is that you need to press *
on the numeric keypad (not Shift-8...) to clear the RIT, a * in the message
buffers won't work.

CU...Scot, K9JY

See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com

For anyone who has a version of WL that clears their RIT...
If you put a * in a CW (or RTTY) buffer will that clear the RIT, or does it
require a live keystroke?