[WriteLog] How to delete operators from the list

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] How to delete operators from the list
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:42:23 -0500
Excuse me if this has already been covered or otherwise documented, but I
hadn't seen it.  When entering operators' names, I made a mistake and wanted
to delete an operator name.  K4JA steered me in the right direction, and I
finally figured it out.

When you go to Entry->Change Operators, you get a window where you can type
the names in and choose the current operator.  As soon as an operator name
is entered, a folder with that name is created in the C:\ham\WaveFiles
folder.  Analogous when other names are added.  If you want to delete an
operator, e.g. if you made a mistake, you can just delete the folder with
the undesired name from the WaveFiles folder.  Then it won't appear in the
list when you select Change Operators!  I'm doing this BEFORE any Q has been
logged.

It makes some sense to me that these folders are created in the WaveFiles
folder, as I assume that's where individual op's wav files would be stored
if each op wanted to use his own voice in a multiop SSB contest.  As a RTTY
op primarily, it didn't occur to me at first to look in the WasveFiles
folder to delete operator names!

Anyway, that's the poop in case it helps someone else!  Thanks!