[WriteLog] TXQP ADI file question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] TXQP ADI file question
From: k6iii@juno.com (k6iii@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 05:20:33 +0000
I am running WL 10.35F and have downloaded the TXQP update (multiplers >
100) from this weekend.

TXQP ADI file output.
Below is a single record of the ADI file produced from the Texas QSO
Party.
I think that the "<CNTY:4>GALV " is incorrectly formatted.

When I looked at the ADI specs, it indicates that the CNTY should be in
the form of  STATE,COUNTY  where the STATE is the 2-character state code
(TX for Texas) and the COUNTY is the CQ County abbreviations. An example
is given on the ADI specs web site
(http://www.hosenose.com/adif/adif.html)
Presumably the ADI specs posted at the web site are current.

The end result of this is that when I attempted to upload the ADI file to
my logger program (Logger by K4CY), the logger complained about the CNTY
format and declined to load any of the records.

I overcame the loggers complaint by editing the ADI file thus:
Added a <STATE:2>TX to each record   and   changed all the CNTY lines to
be <COMMENT:4>

I don't know if a fix belongs with the TXQP dll modules or with the
Logger.

de Jerry/k6iii
San Jose, CA

WriteLog
<EOH>
<QSO_DATE:8>20020928 <TIME_ON:6>143421 <FREQ:6>14.038 <BAND:3>20m
<STX:1>1 <MODE:2>CW
<CALL:6>K5OJ/M
<RST_SENT:3>599
<RST_RCVD:3>599