[WriteLog] Re: Writelog and MMTTY plug-in hangs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Writelog and MMTTY plug-in hangs
From: ve3ey@rac.ca (ve3ey@rac.ca)
Date: Tue, 01 Oct 2002 17:51:08 -0400
In our case it was the MMTTY process itself that was acting up.  At least
this is what Task Manager on Win2k was showing us.

Norton AV was disabled all the time.  Nothing else other that WL and MMTTY
was running + whatever processes Win2k itself would generate.

CPU Performance Graph ( Performance Tab from Task Manager) would average
somewhere around 10-20 % all the time while logging with MMTTY and Writelog.
Whenever the "hick-up" occurs , the graph would jump to 100 % and stay
there.  When this condition clears (MMTTY becomes responsive again) the CPU
graph would drop back to normal.

We are planning to use this combination for upcoming expedition to Sable
Island (CY0MM in November) for RTTY activities.   We are hoping we will be
able to figure this out before we go.

73, Nick
ve3ey