[WriteLog] More on my original wish list

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] More on my original wish list
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 17:48:02 +0100
Hi again all,

Well, that posting has certainly caused quite a stir!

>From the responses, I would have to say that I definitely do NOT want to
record the audio from the contest! A simple text file is all I really want.
I know MMTTY in standalone mode offers the ability to capture screen text to
a file, but that is not an option when using MMTTY with Writelog (as far as
I can see!).
Even in standalone mode, you cannot save the entire contest-worth of text!
It appears to have a limitation to it.

As for being able to send a macro whilst I have the "type-ahead" box open, I
realise that I can use the %I, but I won't always want to send free-form
text, just on odd occasions.
All I would like is the ability to hit Ctrl-K for the type ahead window,
make some comments, and then be able to send the exchange immediately after,
without having to revert back to Rx, and then hitting the F-key.

Thanks for all the emails about this, and some of the resulting tips that
have emerged!

Also, whilst here, I have to say that I have not noticed ANY problems with
Writelog and MMTTY that I can directly blame on MMTTY.
Any that have occurred have been due to me not having the correct settings
in MMTTY, or have been a result of stray RF!
My shack PC is a PIII 700MHz machine, with 384MB RAM, 20GB HDD, running
Win98SE.
I've also deleted all screensaver files, and background files, and did a
minimum install.
There is an amazing amount of rubbish you can get rid of quite safely.

Anyway, 73 for now
Phil GU0SUP