[WriteLog] Writelog Logging Problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog Logging Problems
From: thurman@primenet.com (Pat Thurman, K7KR)
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 17:23:01 -0700
I had something very similar happen as well.   Writelog kept asking if
it should 'restore the network connection' each and every time I tried
to enter a QSO.  Of course, I kept replying no, as I didn't have a
network installation of WL, although I am using a peer to peer setup
with 5 pc's.  Never could figure out what caused the problem, although I
suspect it was because I had investigated the "Setup/Register to accept
network connections..." choice.  I distinctly remember canceling out of
the operation, however, it was only afterwards that the log began to
behave strangely.

Fortunately, I exported the log via ADIF, created a new log, then
imported the old one and then saved it out as a regular .wl log.
 Nothing appeared to be missing, and it works fine now with no further
prompting...  Might be worth following this procedure as soon as you
find it asking to restore a non-existing network connection...

Good luck...

--
73, Pat  K7KR