[WriteLog] ALT-F4 Feature...

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ALT-F4 Feature...
From: werner@maiers.de (Werner Maier)
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:46:57 +0200
Hi Jim,

> Alt-F4 has been around as long as windows. Closes whatever window
> is active or windows itself if nothing else is up.

I know.

> Don't know what could be done about this is Writelog.

it can be done. If You press ALT-F4, something like a KILL message
is send to the application (sorry, I'm not a windows developer,
so I don't know the exact phrases). This message then should be
captured and then there should be an alertbox.

See Winword for example: open word, create a new document and then
type some characters. After that press ALT-F4. Winword won't close,
instead it will ask: "Save Changes? YES NO CANCEL".

So it could be done and I'll call this a "feature request" ;-)

best regards.

Werner.