[WriteLog] out of band

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] out of band
From: amckay@rabun.net (McKay)
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:29:08 -0400
Guys my solution for the out of band "B" that was showing up when trying to
work 40 meter SSB split worked, but Scot, K9JY, sent me an easier solution
and it is also on his famous Web site. If you recall, the problem was
WriteLog  telling me it was an out-of-band contact and was not counted. To
solve the problem, Scot's solution was thus:
Click on Start, click on Programs, click on WriteLog (don't open it) then
look at the menu for WriteLog. WriteLog is at bottom, then Manual and on up
the menu. Look for the one which states Edit Sub-bands. Click there and you
will get a vertical window. Digital, CW and SSB are your choices. Click SSB
and it will show the band edges for SSB for all bands. The default for 40
meters is 7.150 to 7.300, which is correct for U.S. to U.S. contacts. To
make it work correctly on 40 meters SSB split, highlight 40 Meters, then go
to bottom of vertical window and find two small entry windows. Just type in
7.000  to 7.300, click on O.K. or whatever,  and your are in business. After
doing that you might want to go to WriteLog and click on Recalculate Score.
Thanks to all who helped and I hope my individual replies to those who asked
me for solution were helped.
    Now, back to the War Of The World, commonly known as a CQWW contest.
73, Archie, K4GA