[WriteLog] 10 minutes window bug

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] 10 minutes window bug
From: ik2ncj@galactica.it (Luca IK2NCJ)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 09:34:29 +0100
Hi folks,

I've been using last version of WL during CQWW SSB but the story looks =
always the same.

10 min rule is already very painfull for MS entry specially if you use =
multiple seeking station and each one must wait for own 10 minutes =
shift, so it is very bad if you can't manage it properly by logging =
program.

Main bug looks to be that WL doesn't recognize properly which band is =
running pile-up even if you set runner window or mult window in each PC =
on the net. Very often it marks under the multiplier sign that you are =
entering a not-Mult QSO from the multiplier station and the countdown =
clock starts from 12 minute even! But QSO's are coming from the runner! =
The multiplier light marks wrong probably because it works dipending on =
the runner light that most of the time is green.

I have no clear idea how the log works for checking when it's time to =
move from one band to another (doesn't matter if the runner or the =
multiplier) but it' is very clear that the system makes a bit of =
confusion. I hope it depends on a wrong setting from the user, because =
it is very simple to fix it!

Anyone else suffering the same problem??

73's

Luca IK2NCJ

multipart/alternative
  text/html