[WriteLog] More on ALT-F3/CTL-T bug

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] More on ALT-F3/CTL-T bug
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 20:14:22 -0600
> Did a little testing today. Neither ALT-F3 nor CTL-T works to
> generate a
> packet spot when connected via a telnet node. The kind of
> node doesn't
> matter - same non-spot occurs with AR-Cluster and DXSpider node
> software. When a spot is manually typed in, in the same format as CTL-
> T or ALT-F3 (DX 14020.1 TE1ST), it works fine.
> Hope this helps Wayne find the problem, and issue an update prior to
> the CW test.

If I am reading this thread correctly, I don't think Wayne can fix this one.
When you type CTRL+T or ALT+F3, WL puts up the dialog box, allows you to
edit the string, and then sends exactly that string over to the
packet window. The definition of "packet window" is in WRITELOG.INI:

[OBJECTS]
pktObject=writelog.pkt.9

If you have the above, or if you have no "pktObject" entry in WRITELOG.INI,
then you are getting WL's packet window, and I need to figure out how
to duplicate the problem. Otherwise, you need to talk to
the vendor of your packet program about where the packet spots went.

It has also been reported that the text that appears in the Edit Packet
Spot window is wrong. That problem is in WL and I am looking for it.

Wayne