[WriteLog] BUGS WL

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] BUGS WL
From: ik2ncj@galactica.it (Luca IK2NCJ)
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 10:22:54 +0100
I agree with you dear Oms especially in two facts:
First: WL is the best software for logging in contest
Second: it is very "heavy" for running properly in every machine.

The second point is the one I'm more worried about because I'm going to join
CQWW CW in MS entry as D44TD and I'm sure that the number of Q's will be
very high making the machine running very slow specially in day two. It is
definetly worse then SSB operation because CW transmission is handled for PC
itself.

Very often people travelling for contest all around the world use Laptop
computer that not always can have the last microprocessor available on
market due to an high cost of laptop itself!!
Another point is the supercheck partial window that is extremely slow
rispect the CT one. I'm using a 2.5M homebrew file of callsign database so
I'm afraid at a certain point of the contest I'll be forced to switch off
the Check call window.

What I'm going to do is to install the minumum configuration of Win 98 just
enough to have the machine running and then install WL. I hope it'll be
enough to help us out!

73's

Luca IK2NCJ