[WriteLog] Not sensitive to sound level

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Not sensitive to sound level
From: gbaron@charter.net (Gil Baron)
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 11:34:18 -0600
WriteLog seems to require a lot higher input level to the sound card to be
able to decode correctly, especially on CW and PSK31.
All my other programs work fine if I feed the TS870 in to the line input and
turn the line input up all the way. I do not have to use the highest output
level form the 870.
With WriteLog I have to use the highest output and then I see on the CW
window a VERY low indication.
Am I missing a setting somewhere for sensitivity. I assume there is one or
should be. The only easy way to use WriteLog is to put the input into the
microphone input but that makes no sense since I can no longer use the
microphone and it is way to high a level to feed it for other programs.

Gil Baron http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
44.08333 N 92.51263 W 1055'
"Hierro candente, batir de repente"