[WriteLog] Help recording compression

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Help recording compression
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 20:10:26 -0500
I'm no codec expert, and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night,
but I DID manage to record the entire contest last weekend at 11Khz 16bit
mono, as I requested (which is more than I can say for sending out my spots
which didn't make it via DXTelnet under WinXP).

Perhaps a codec expert will chime in, but you might want to check (in
Win2K/XP) Control Panel - Sounds and Audio Devices - Properties and go to
Hardware - Audio Codecs - Properties.  You will see a slew of codecs listed
from highest priority to lowest priority.  You can click on any of them and
select properties and then check that codec's settings (and whether it's
"use this codec" box is checked).  Under the settings you will see
Compression and Decompression rates that are allowed for that codec.  My
highest priority codec (at the top) is imaadp32.acm and it has "all rates"
allowed.  BTW, some of the codecs have their "settings" tab greyed out and
you can't check the rates for them.

Not sure if this helps or not?

73,

Barry N1EU