[WriteLog] PC not generating CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PC not generating CW
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:40:01 -0500
Neal,

I've been able to get WL to key the LPT port under Windows 2000 using the
userport driver, so it should work under XP (I said "should".) One thing
I've sometimes forgotten is to set the correct base address for the LPT port
in writelog.ini. An incorrect address will prevent WL from using the port,
even under Win95/98. You can get the port base address from the Device
Manager under windows (select the device and do Properties... Resources.)

Even if you do the pin reassignment to pin 1, I think WL keys pin 16 as
well. Make sure the keying circuit ground is connected to a valid ground pin
on the LPT interface and have the polarities correct on any transistor
interface.

73, Dick WC1M