[WriteLog] RigBlaster and Writelog??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RigBlaster and Writelog??
From: k7fl@arrl.net (Dennis Ashworth)
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 13:45:04 -0800
I downloaded WriteLog this weekend and am trying to quickly learn the ropes
before CQWW CW later this month. It seems clear I'll need some type of CW
interface. Where I could probably make it through CQWW CW with my W1WEF
interface, I suspect I'd be ahead getting something like a RIGblaster
plus(TM) which would provide advantages in other modes/functionality. Any
general comments from the masses concerning RIGblaster Plus and it's
compatibility with WriteLog? Other solutions I should consider?

My station consists of the following:

Single Radio, OMNI VI+ on COM 2
Kantronics KNC 3+ TNC on COM 1
Computer: Dell Precision 210 Workstation, PIII 555Mhz, 128 MB RAM
OS: XP-Pro

I have gotten the radio and TNC to communicate with WriteLog ... all is
well. I assume I would require an additional serial port connection for the
RIGblaster Plus, correct?

Dennis, K7FL