[WriteLog] Soundcard setting ??

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Soundcard setting ??
From: david.douglass@optusnet.com.au (David Douglass)
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 07:17:29 -0000
Hi All,

I've come across a soundcard issue that I haven't been able to resolve!

Using WriteLog and MMTTY (or MMTTY by itself or any other soundcard program
for PSK etc etc), I find that I cannot TX after I have opened certain other
programs on the PC.

For example, when I turn on the PC I can use WriteLog/MMTTY without any
problems, but if I open an Excel File, or my Logging program (YP Log), I
cannot TX using MMTTY. I can key the radio but no tones. If I then shut down
the PC and turn back on and go to MMTTY, all is OK again.

I haven't done a full trial to work out which programs effect the soundcard,
but there are a few and I would imagine programs like EXCEL shouldn't have
any effect on soundcard settings??

Anybody else come across anything like this.

Regards

David, VK2DPD
vk2dpd@qsl.net