[WriteLog] HELP: CW kying using LPT1

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] HELP: CW kying using LPT1
From: ik2ncj@galactica.it (Luca IK2NCJ)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:47:46 +0100
Hi all Hi Wolf,

I got the same problem N° 1, and Wolf after our mailing I change the
resistor value as you suggested me following your suggestion N°2.

To solve the first PTT problem I discovered that connecting  PIN 1 of the
LPT port (it should be the STROBE pin) to the frame (Ground) of the LPT port
itself  by a wire it works OK with Icom RTX. Don't ask me why but it looks
that on new LPT hardware there is a poor ground connection.

After this "lucky solution" I don't want to be responsable if you try and
burn something.....HIHI

I discovered it while taking some Voltage and current values using a
multimeter. Once I touched the PIN 1 with the contact of the multimeter WL
started to send CW and to convert radio from RX to TX. I think I was very
lucky.
I tryed this new configuration with 2 more laptop that before wouldn't work
and now they work fine.

I tested the cables for a while during LZ DX contest without any
inconvinient......

GL and 73's

Luca IK2NCJ