[WriteLog] Mic use

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Mic use
From: sm0lzt@svessa.se (Erik Hyllander)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 22:06:01 +0100
A couple of weeks ago I put the lines within quotes below on the reflector
but I did not get any ideas from you folks. So I make another try. The
question is: Using the mic connected to the sound board's mic in connector,
do I need to use VOX ON on the rig? I have the impression that Writelog
should key the rig also in this case.

"Hello Users of Writelog,
I have a problem with audio from the microphone in my setup.
I use W98SE, WL v 10.36G.

In Setup/ports I have marked:
COM3   Rig Kenwood (TS-440S)   Baud rate   Auto    Poll  checked  Comm PTT=Yes
LPT1   CW
DVK type    Sound Board (SB Live/7F in test)

All mode PTT on CW Port RTS  checked

CW PTT/Command rig on COM port   checked

In CW everything is OK, PTT works fine when sending via Fx or ALT-K.

In SSB, PTT works also OK when sending pre-recorded messages via Fx and the
audio is OK. VOX is off.

But when using the mic from the headset nothing happens, PTT doesn't work.
I have understood that it should.

So, what am I missing? Any help would be appreciated."

73 Erik

Erik Hyllander, SM0LZT
e-mail: sm0lzt@svessa.se
alt.: erik.hyllander@telia.com