[WriteLog] CW Keyer Question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Keyer Question
From: ae9d@foxvalley.net (AE9D)
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 12:30:21 -0600
I'm a newbie with WL, and just for the record, I read the manual of help
screens.  I thought I read something in one of the archives that said the NA
cw keyer would work with a serial port, but maybe it was the NA DVK.  I
can't find that archive a second time.

At any rate, I converted my LPT NA keyer to a serial port keyer since I've
been reading here that XP will not access LPT.  WL will key the radio just
fine, but it will not recognize my paddles plugged into the NA keyer box.
Is it necessary to purchase the multi-keyer to make this work?  I could
parallel the paddles with the NA box, but it was really handy to have the
computer stop sending when a paddle was touched.

My setup is a 1.7Gig Gateway running XP with three Belkin USB to Serial port
adaptors, Omni VI+, KAM+ for packet.

Any help would be appreciated.

73, Rick - AE9D
ARRL, SMC, CCC, AMA 676573