[WriteLog] PTT setup for CW

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] PTT setup for CW
From: wa9als@starband.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 18:25:28 -0500
I get confused by the choices of settings for CW PTT myself, but I do think
it works as it should.  I have mine set the following:

1.  I have CommPTT (rig control PTT) set to "NO".
2.  I have the radio button checked for CW on COM 2.
3.  I have the "All Mode PTT on CW port RTS -NOT- checked
4.  In the CW PTT window dialog that you get from hitting the CW PTT button,
I have the "NONE" radio button checked.

I use one COM port (1) for CW keying only (DTR) and another com port (2) for
FSK/PTT.  In the Rttyrite window menu, I have COM 1 selected.  Whether I use
Rttyrite or not, I get PTT control from COM 1.  Thus I get RTS PTT control
separate from rig control.

Of course, I could choose All Mode PTT on CW port RTS if my cable was wired
for CW (DTR) and PTT (RTS), but I'm not wired that way.

WriteLog offers so many options it can certainly get confusing, but that's
why it's so powerful - you can do it about any way you want!  73