[WriteLog] Sudden Unexplained WriteLog Problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sudden Unexplained WriteLog Problems
From: w3yy@cox.net (Robert Peterson)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 17:02:20 -0000
Today, when I tried to start WriteLog I experienced a number of =
unexplained fatal errors.  I had not changed any WriteLog settings since =
the last time it worked.

Here's what's happening:

1.  When I click on the WriteLog icon, the program starts and gives me =
the option of what log to open.  If I try to open my general DXCC =
tracking log file, I get the Write32.exe error window stating that =
"WriteL32.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."  It gave me =
the option to create an error report and send it, which I did.

2.  If I try to open one of my contest log files, I get a WriteLog =
window warning of "Invalid File Format".

3.  I tried installing the 10.37B upgrade - that did not solve the =
problem.

4.  I tried reinstalling my original 10.32E program - that did not work.

5.  I tried uninstalling WriteLog and then installing 10.32E - that did =
not work.

Prior to this problem the only thing I can remember doing to the =
computer was to install software for a HP DVD-Writer.

I'm out of ideas.  What should I try next?

Bob, W3YY

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---