[WriteLog] RE: [RTTY] A new computer

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RE: [RTTY] A new computer
From: keith@kregli.com (Keith Regli)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 10:26:21 -0700
Bill,

Since we'd all like to hear more signals from ND in RTTY contests I'm
sure you'll get lots of advice (maybe even some laptops in the mail).
Laptops are pretty good with RF, but nothing is a sure thing.  Another
issue is the computer generating RFI itself.  Manufacturers change
components from time to time, so a model number won't assure you of
performance in a Ham environment.  I'd suggest looking for a name brand
so you can get service.  Try and get one with at least one serial port
built in.  See if you can find out the chip used for the builtin sound
and check http://www.qsl.net/wa9als/sound_results.htm to see how it
might work with WL.  Also, look at the links page at http://www.k9jy.com
to find out almost anything else.

Keith Regli K7KAR (ex WB6BIG)