[WriteLog] Newbie-Changing DXCC entity

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Newbie-Changing DXCC entity
From: jbastin@sssnet.com (John E Bastin, K8AJS)
Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 13:02:35 -0500
At 9:01 AM -0800 12/21/02, Dennis Ashworth wrote:
>During the 10M contest, I worked WH0AAM/N  and Writelog populated
>the DXCC entity in the Country window as Mariana Is. - KH0. However,
>the station reported his location as OR (Oregon) which I entered in
>the QTH window. I initially thought I would add a /W7 to his call
>sign, but that could be considered a busted call. What's the correct
>method for adjusting entries like this????
>
>Many thanks,
>Dennis, K7FL
>Battle Ground, WA

It doesn't matter what WriteLog calls it; there is no country
indicated in the Cabrillo file. So my WH0AAM/N entry with the OR
section will be counted that way by the log checking software.

There's nothing you have to fix.

Hope this helps.

| There's a reason I haven't been getting my mail at ARRL.net.        |
|           It may be affecting your mail, too.                       |
| The problem was not what I expected. Visit http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs |
   _
  /~\ The ASCII        | J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
  \ / Ribbon Campaign  | jbastin@sssnet.com         K8AJS@arrl.net
   X  Against HTML     |       http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs
  / \ Email!           |