[WriteLog] dual soundcard question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] dual soundcard question
From: ve3gsi@canada.com (Eric - VE3GSI)
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 10:19:55 -0500
Hello Bill,
No second systray icon here. The Windows controls for the second card is
simply accessed by double clicking the systray icon and then going to
Options and Properties.  In the drop down box I now have the choice of two
cards.

Muting one does not effect the other. I can still have my Windows sound
themes enabled if I wish, without the worry of 'ta-dah' going out on the
air. Or I can even use the primary card as an oscilloscope spectrum analyzer
or other tuning aid and still have the second card running merrily away with
WriteLog.

Since I don't run 'non' Amateur related software on the second soundcard
(digital modes only), I only needed to adjust the SB 16 PCI card once.  I
did have to tell WriteLog in the .ini file to use the second card.

There is a third-party program you can used to remember your preferred
soundcard settings.  It is called QuickMix and is available at
www.msaxon.com/quickmix/ . So far I have not had a need for it, but I have
heard it is a great programme for users who have different soundcard setup
requirements.

73 Eric