[WriteLog] re: MMTTY problem during ROUNDUP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] re: MMTTY problem during ROUNDUP
From: preas@parc.com (Bryan Preas)
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 15:23:55 PST
Here is one more thing to try.

When I first installed MMTTY, it worked fine in the stand alone mode,
but was really weird as a writelog plug in: sometimes hanging at the start
or end
of a transmission.  It was never consistent.

After much looking, I found that I was keying the rig (KW TS870) through both
the rig control port and through the RTS line on the FSK data port.

I disabled keying the rig through the rig control port.  I only keyed the
rig through the FSK data port.  All of the weirdness went away.

Bryan
AC6JT