[WriteLog] Missing contacts in RR

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Missing contacts in RR
From: k6ll@juno.com (Dave Hachadorian)
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:53:05 +0000
On Wed, 8 Jan 2003 20:48:23 -0500 "Charles Wasko" <skeet@ptd.net> writes:
> I had 573 contacts in the RR contest. When I did the summary sheet it
> showed 570 as did the cabrillo file. I checked and rechecked and
> cannot figure out where the 3 contacts went. Any ideas?

Don't feel bad. My QSO counter said 1764, but I ended up with
only 1543, a difference of 221!

In my case, using two radios, I think it has to do with the
way Writelog reserves the QSO numbers. If you put a call
in the radio 2 window but don't work the guy right away, a QSO
number is assigned. Then if you put another call in the radio one
window, it gets the next number in sequence. If you never work
the station who was in window 2, that QSO number gets discarded.

If you go back through your log carefully, you'll probably find 3
QSO numbers missing. It was probably a reservation problem similar
to the above.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ