[WriteLog] Epilog - FT1000 D

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Epilog - FT1000 D
From: k6rb@baymoon.com (K6RB)
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2003 21:12:35 -0800
I just wanted to share with other WriteLoggers the solution to my problem of
one-way communication with the FT1000-D. Apparently, some FT1000s were
shipped with a bug in the CAT circuit. The serial-out line was improperly
terminated. As a result, the serial-in line would work just fine, and you
could control the FT 1000 using WriteLog, if you deselected "polling," and
used the "manual frequency" control. I bought a level-converter kit from
N5ZTW (n5ztw@texas.net) and he was the one who turned me on to the "bug"
problem. The solution was to load the serial-out line with a 2.7K resistor -
that is, connect a 2.7 K resistor from the serial-out line pin to the ground
pin on the CAT side. I did. And, it worked like a charm. Now I have
two-communication and control between WriteLog and the FT1000-D. Thanks to
those who offered suggestions.

73,

Rob K6RB