[WriteLog] Belkin F5U103 does FSK with MMTTY!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Belkin F5U103 does FSK with MMTTY!
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:25:41 -0600
Thanks to Steve, AI9T, who provided me with a Belkin F5U103
USB-to-serial adapter.  I have hooked it up and verified that it keys
FSK with MMTTY with no problems.  I have not tried it with any other program.

To test it, I ran the MMTTY plug-in for WriteLog, went to the Misc.
tab of MMTTY Setup and pressed the button for USB Port options.  I chose
option C which is "Limiting Speed".

Before I selected this option, I ran it without setting any parameters in the
USB Port options.  The device would diddle fine but stuttered when sending
text.

I plan on doing more testing when time allows and plan on keying FSK with
the Belkin during the BARTG RTTY Sprint in a couple of weeks.

I'll let y'all know how that comes out.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog