[WriteLog] RF from your Computer Monitor..

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] RF from your Computer Monitor..
From: jeflanders@comcast.net (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 14:35:53 +0000
I don't have any monitor recommendations, but if you just want to reduce
the noise, do this test: Cap and shield the receiver's antenna connection
and see if the noise goes away (connecting to a shielded dummy load with
good coax should work for this test). If the noise goes away, just find out
exactly where it is getting into the antenna line and work on that. Years
ago I had noise, found out I had a leaky antenna tuner. I dumped that tuner
and used good shielded unbroken coax between the shack and antenna -
problem solved.

Jerry W4UK