[WriteLog] extra characters being transmitted during rtty usingmmtty

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] extra characters being transmitted during rtty usingmmtty
From: pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Sat Jan 25 09:28:25 2003
HI Jamie, and the gang,

Well, I (and others) think it just may be to do with the new version of
MMTTY (v1.63).
Out of curiosity, I went back to v1.62 before I started the BARTG contest,
and so far, I have not had the problems I had when using 1.63.

This isn't direct proof as yet, but I suspect that there is something in
v1.63 that Writelog doesn't like.

I did wonder whether it may be the CW interface I connected before
Chrsitmas, but even disabling that for the ARRL RRU, I still had the same
garbage, as well as the Tx dropping after a few diddles, but that has not
yet happened with v1.62.

We shall have to wait and see if others have tried going back to 1.62, and
whether 1.63 is still causing problems for some.

Hope to catch you over the weekend!
73 for now
Phil GU0SUP