[WriteLog] Serial number again

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Serial number again
From: cfmorris@bellsouth.net (Charles Morrison)
Date: Sat Jan 25 17:23:46 2003
Forgive me for asking the same question that I know has been answered
before.  Unfortunately, I never encountered it and just glazed over the
answers, now I wished I hadn't.

SO2R setup.  2 Radios, 2 computers.  One is auto cq'ing, the second is s/p.
I receive an answer from a station on my cq radio, click on his call and
send the exchange, simultaneously, I s/p a station who's not a dupe and get
ready to go back to him, so I click on his call.  Now I've got a call in
each qso box, but with the duplicate serial numbers!  I know there's
something that I did wrong, because I know this has been addressed, but I
cant for the life find it in my archives of the reflector.

What would be either the appropriate keystrokes, or your personal preferred
keystrokes to handle this situation.  Suggestions are welcome for sure.  I
found working the two radios extremely exciting, makes the pace much faster
and definitely is not a hindrance like it is in M/S with the band changes.
To work 2 bands at basically the same time.. great.. but handing out
duplicate serial numbers to everyone in the world is a sure fire way to have
your cq's permanently ignored.

Again, my apologies for losing the emails that had these answers.. but if
someone is gracious enough to help, I'd be much appreciative.  And also my
apologies to the 6 stations that got duplicates today, cause I know I did it
more then once before I caught it and quit.

Charlie
KI5XP