[WriteLog] re: TS440S and WL

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] re: TS440S and WL
From: edfelter@pacbell.net (edfelter)
Date: Thu Feb 6 13:29:15 2003
Yes, I have gone through the WL menu for setup and assigned the
com port to the 440S.  I read where the 440S runs at 4800 baud
so changed that at the same time in WL.  Then I sent the frequency
of the rig into WL via the Radio Button, but nothing happens.
I've double checked the chip installation, they are in correctly.
I ran an online program to check to see if com2 is active, and
it said it is working. Additionally, I do use the Buxcomm
Rascal interface for PSK31 and Digipan.  It works well except I
have no rig change when click TX or RX.  Same with WinPsk and
Hamscope (all have been configured properly as far as I can see).
I have tried with VOX on and off.  Currently the only way I can
TX is to press the rig tx and then click the software tx.  I
have also tried MTTY and it works the same way as the PSK31
programs.  Plus, I can't interface it with WL.  It appears that
either the rig not accessing ACC2 for serial communications or,
at the other end, I am having more problems than I understand
with com2.  I have also tried com1 with no luck.

I will check out the site you referenced.  I think the above
will address some question W7TI had for me as well.  Thanks
for the interest and responses.

Ed, AI6O