[WriteLog] LPT Keying under WinXP - UserPort driver problem and solution

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT Keying under WinXP - UserPort driver problem and solution report
From: n1eu@hotmail.com (Barry N1EU)
Date: Thu Feb 6 17:09:13 2003
Thanks for posting the UserPort caveat to the list Jon.  My keying is still
working fine under WinXP/UserPort, but I wonder if anyone else has also
eventually developed problems like yours.

At one time, I did notice ntvdm issues when running two 16 bit applications
simultaneously (Logger and DXTelnet), but I can't directly attribute that to
UserPort.  In fact, it seemed to develop after I installed some other
software package.

I also wonder if you might have installed some other software application on
your pc that instigated the destructive interaction.

I'll keep an eye out.

73,

Barry N1EU
www.n1eu.com