[WriteLog] Writelog, RTTYrite, MMTTY and Win 2K Pro

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog, RTTYrite, MMTTY and Win 2K Pro
From: k8qm@nc.rr.com (George McCrary)
Date: Thu Feb 13 11:23:45 2003
Writelog List,

        I'm currently running Writelog, RTTYrite, MMTTY with a 400MHz K6 Win
98SE
system. The rig is a Kenwood TS-2000, with rig control on COM 1, FSK on COM
2 and CW keying on LPT 1.

        Since the machine has become the one I use the most often as my home
PC, I
'm thinking of upgrading to a 2.4GHz Athlon or a 2.0 GHz P4 and running Win
2k Pro.

        Are there any particular issues that will be show stoppers in migrating
my
current configuration to the new system? Is there any reason to go with XP
Pro (yech)in this situation instead of 2k?

        Thanks for any guidance.

Regards,

George (K8QM)