[WriteLog] Modifying the country file

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Modifying the country file
From: garry@ni6t.com (Garry Shapiro)
Date: Sun Feb 16 23:25:44 2003
Writeloggers:

I posted an earlier inquiry re changing country information because my quick
search did not disclose a writelog .cty file. Then I looked at the WL
folders and it appears that what I was looking for was actually wl-cty.dat,
which I opened and modified for DP1POL (Antarctica, CQ38,ITU67) and D88S
(South Shetland). I have done this typd of edit before, in my CT days, so I
anticipated no problems.

However, opening my WL log for the ARRL CW, after editing wl-cty.dat,
displays no changes. DP1POL is still Germany and D88S is still South Korea.
Moreover, entering either as for a new QSO still displays the wrong
counters. Yes, I know Cabrillo will sort it out, but I would like to see my
log properly---what needs to be done? Am I modifying the wrong .dat file?

Garry, NI6T

160 meters---not a band but an obsession