[WriteLog] CW Stuttering and Other Problems

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Stuttering and Other Problems
From: nx7k@attbi.com (Wayne Bailey)
Date: Mon Feb 17 19:48:44 2003
I upgraded my computer to a new Hewlett Packard 753N P4 2.5GHZ with 1024
Meg Ram.  Running WINXP Home Edition.

I am trying to use LPT Keying and now the CW Stuttering problem is worse
that I experienced under WIN 98.  I thought WINXP HE is a true
multitasking program??????  Obviously not.  Other users on the reflector
have said Writelog under WINXP HE works flawlessly with LPT Keying.  Is
the W5XD Multi Keyer the only fix?????  I have ordered a serial cable
interface from K1NU and maybe that will fix the problem.

Also I installed a Byterunner 4 Port Card and have done the necessary
setup.  He Byterunner uses Comm 4, 5, 6, 7.  I did the necessary Com1=1,
comm. 2=4 etc.  No problems there.

In my Writelog.ini file MY FT-1000MP is, however when I enter the
contest after doing the proper Setup of Ports.  I save the file and
later exit.  When I re-enter the contest I have to go back to Port Setup
and re-select to get the program to read my FT-1000MP again???  Any
ideas.  It appears the port setup is not being saved and writing to the
Writelog.ini file.  Am I off base???

73 de Wayne, NX7K