[WriteLog] Re: Check Call Window - OK?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Re: Check Call Window - OK?
From: eric@K3NA.ORG (Eric Scace K3NA)
Date: Sun Feb 23 23:38:34 2003
   If a change is to be made, I would favor using BOTH color AND a text
indicator.  Anything to reinforce the message to a sleepy
operator is good ergonomic design.

   Even better ergonomic design would be the consistent use of color across the
various windows (e.g., bandmap, packet spot, super
check partial, check call).  I generally try to configure for a light gray
background (generally used to indicate "data whose
content can not be modified from the keyboard"), red=dupe, green=ok to work,
yellow=new mult (but yellow can not be used against a
white background), and black/gray in the super-check-partial window for "exists
in the database but not worked in the contest on any
band"... but can't implement this scheme uniformly because certain windows can
not be set for a light gray background.

-- Eric K3NA