[WriteLog] DVK Trouble

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DVK Trouble
From: pete@staffordsystems.com (Pete Stafford)
Date: Mon Mar 3 16:27:16 2003
Used the DVK functions of WriteLog for the first time, and they worked well
for the most part.  I did have trouble however, on 40 and 80 meters, where
my audio broke up to the point where I was unreadable.  Speaking through the
mic though, without hitting F1, worked just fine.  The same function key
.wav files worked on the other bands, although occasionally I would hear
through the monitor function (and this was confirmed by another station over
the air) a short high-pitched beep.  No one mentioned anything about that
though, probably because it was similar to other beeps and normal junk one
hears on a QRM'ed frequency in a contest.  I'm using an Icom 756ProII, and
tried a couple of different mics with no change.

Anyone have any ideas?

Pete, K2PS