[WriteLog] Save is Slow with large logs

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Save is Slow with large logs
From: martyt@pobox.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Wed Mar 5 21:03:37 2003
At 07:42 PM 3/5/2003 -0500, Bruce Ferry wrote:
>1. Setup an "extra" logging computer on the network that just does the
>saves every 10 (or 20 or whatever) QSOs that is not involved with actual
>contesting. No big deal if it takes a while.

Sounds like a good idea but... The auto save only applies to contacts
logged on the computer in question, not those coming from a network
computer. We had a third computer (intended for the third station, which we
never used) and it did NOT save the log except when I told it to manually.

>2. Set the run computers up for a very large autosave interval and then do
>it on demand once in a while when things get slow (if they do).

That sounds like a good idea, and is similar to what others have suggested.

On a semi-related note, I thought I saw an INI setting the other day that
would change the interval at which the "xx QSOs since last save" message
would come up in the QSO entry window, but I'll be darned if I can find it
now. Anyone know what the ini section and entry is??

Thanks

-Marty NW0L
  martyt@pobox.com