[WriteLog] Answers for CW keying question

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Answers for CW keying question
From: ve6zt@sturgeon.ab.ca (ve6zt@sturgeon.ab.ca)
Date: Sat Mar 8 00:58:37 2003
Thanks very much for all the answers on this one.  Basically the answer
is the same I had from CT...if you want to use a paddle and computer
keying with the 1000D you cannot use the inboard keyer.  Naturally when
I bought the rig and it had a built in keyer I retired my 20+ year old
heathkit keyer!
Somehow with TR-Log you can attach the paddle to the parallel port and
the software acts as a keyer (I've done this and it works great)(Just
can't stand the software!).  CT can't do this either.  Perhaps this is
something that can be incorporated in a later version.

Oh, well.  I really appreciate the info.  Sure didn't expect the large
number of responses!  Looks like I am now in the market for a new
external keyer!  Any recommendations?

Thanks again guys!
73, Don VE6ZT

BTW...been using CT and TR for years and years.....writelog is much
nicer to use.  Aside from this little problem I don't think I will ever
look at the others again.  Excellent software and the support through
the maillist is awesome!!
Don Carlgren
VE6ZT