[WriteLog] WPX Multi/2 Support?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WPX Multi/2 Support?
From: nw0l@yahoo.com (Marty Tippin)
Date: Thu Mar 13 09:57:25 2003
--- "K7ZO (Scott Tuthill)" <k7zo@cableone.net> wrote:
> Was taking a quick look at Writelog in anticipation of using it for WPX SSB
> at the end of the month. It is not obvious to me that it supports the new
> M/2 category and the serial number by radio exchange system. If you go into
> the SETUP | SORT ORDERING AND SERIAL NUMBERS screen the QSO Serial Numbers
> are: Separate by Radio is grayed out. The Total of All Bands (as used in
> single op) and Separate by Band (as used in a Multi/Multi) are selectable.

The log needs to be a "network" log before the "separate by radio" will work.

Go to Setup | Register to Accept Network Connections, then Radio | This Radio
is A (Mult) Radio. It will prompt you as to whether you want to add
multi-operator support to the log. Say Yes and Writelog will add a couple of
fields to the log. After that, go to the Sort Ordering and Serial Numbers
dialog and pick "Separate by Radio".

Depending on how Multi-Two band changes are defined for WPX, Writelog may or
may not work correctly; it didn't work for ARRL DX until Wayne fixed it
specifically for that contest. I don't know offhand if the "default" band
change tracking (10 minute rule or band changes per rolling 60 minute window)
is correct for WPX, or if the WPX module overrides that behavior to implement
the specific rules for WPX.

You'd be well advised to test it out prior to the contest - it's easy to set up
a "simulated" multi-two log and make contacts on the A and B radio alternately
and watch what the band change tracker does. If it's not right, let us know
here ASAP and hopefully Wayne can look at it before the contest.

-NW0L