[WriteLog] rig and cw on same com port question?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] rig and cw on same com port question?
From: w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Sun Mar 30 18:16:22 2003
I'm trying to help a logging software author.
Is it possible to run FT1000MP rig control and cw off the same com port?
http://www.aa5au.com/rttyinterface.html
This is the identical interface that I built for myself way back when
and I presently have it on com 1

My Yaesu FT1000MP is presently connected to com 2 for rig control.
If I was to open the com port cable connector and spliced a pair of wires to
the DTR & Ground, used a transistor/resister to the cw jack, will that work?

I don't know if the MP uses the DTR line.

Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

W9OL, Bill H. in Chicagoland