[WriteLog] Allow more room for pathnames in Recently Used

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Allow more room for pathnames in Recently Used
From: dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Tue Apr 22 18:54:04 2003
Ed,

Thanks. That might be OK for the old Windows 95 or Windows 98 (or DOS), but
NT-based systems keep all user account data in Documents and Settings, and
many built-in functions and commercial applications expect user account data
to be there. It's similar for My Documents -- it's a special system folder
that automatically appears when browsing and many programs default to
putting data there. I put all of my data files in My Documents, making it
easier to backup and sync with my notebook computer. Also, I make it a
policy not to rename system default folders and to always install programs
in their default folders. This avoids bugs and makes it much easier to
isolate data from programs for backup purposes.

The proper solution is for WL to deal with pathnames up to the legal length
(which is very long -- 200 characters, I think.)

73, Dick WC1M