[WriteLog] Writelog & Icom 781

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Writelog & Icom 781
From: Zev.Darack@banklink.com (Darack, Zev)
Date: Thu May 8 17:00:59 2003
The 781 is a great rig, I used it with writelog in the CQWW DX SSB and ARRL
DX SSB contests this year.

For rig control use an ICOM CI-V interface like the CT-17 or build one and
save $100 (here is an example http://www.g3vgr.co.uk/civ.htm )

It is a serial interface that uses a mini mono phono plug and goes into the
Remote jack on the back of the rig.  It works great with the interface
except when logging split QSO's that weren't pulled off of packet it listed
the VFO A frequency as the Recv and Trsmt Freq (When I double clicked on 40
meter packet spots it worked perfectly).  Wayne added some setings to the
ini file to try to help with the split issues:
[Rigs]
Setting this entry to 1 causes the WriteLog Icom driver to send a split
on/off command to the rig every time it polls the rig for its frequency.
This means that WriteLog is sure to know whether the rig is set for split.
IcomForceSplit=1
Setting this option to 2 causes WriteLog to do the same as setting to 1,
but, in addition, If you tune the rig from its front panel more than 500Hz
after WriteLog has set it to split, then WriteLog automatically turns the
split off.
IcomForceSplit=2

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions.

73,
Zev N2WKS