[WriteLog] Loading CD

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Loading CD
From: writelog@W1QA.com (Bob McCormick W1QA)
Date: Wed May 14 08:11:36 2003
> Copied working file entirety from hard drive
> of old computer W98 to hard drive of new
> computerW98SE. When selecting Writelog32.exe
> I receive a notice stating a required DLL file
> WLOGS32.DLL was not found.
>
> Then resorted to the CD in the new computer
> and results were same.

> When selecting Writelog32.exe I receive a
> notice stating a required DLL file WLOGS32.DLL
> was not found.

I don't see any such file on my system ... but:
there is a WLOGSS32.DLL which, by default, seems
to be placed in the same directory as the program
and other DLL's.  By default, I believe that is:

  C:\HAM\PROGRAMS

I'm running WriteLog 10.40J ... and the version of
the WLOGSS32.DLL file is: 10.0.37.6 (10.37B).

The only WriteLog DLL that I'm aware of that is
not in the installation directory is: WLOGSH32.DLL
(version 10.0.22.0 or 10.22A).

Check the WRITELOG.INI file ... which, by default,
should be in the C:\WINDOWS directory (or search
for it).  Look for a section called: [Install].
Here it should tell you the installation directory.

Try a reinstall followed by an update to the latest
version.

Bob W1QA