[WriteLog] W5XD Multi+ keyer not responding - HELP!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] W5XD Multi+ keyer not responding - HELP!
From: k3gp@arrl.net (George K3GP)
Date: Wed May 21 22:15:50 2003
I finally gave in to temptation and bought a Multi+ keyer this past
weekend at Dayton. However, I can?t get Writelog to recognize the
Multi+. I?ve double checked everything I can think of, and gone through
the reflector archives looking for answers to no avail.

The Problem: Writelog constantly reports ?Timeout: V? in the code speed
window. I?ve verified that the unit has power (I can hear the relay
click when I switch from left to right on the remote speed control) and
verified that the RS-232 connection is good (Multi+ and radio (via
Multi+ pass-thru) are both on COM1, and writelog sees the radio just
fine). Additional symptom: CW paddles are connected to Multi+ but no CW
keying output on either CW Right or CW Left.

I did open the unit to verify that the self-test dip switch setting was
off, as well.

Port setup has CW selected on Com1 (along with radio) and the Multi+
selected below, COMM PTT=NO and CW PTT=NONE.

Either I?ve overlooked something simple or the unit is DOA (The former
is more likely than the latter)

ENVIRONMENT:

Writelog 10.40J

Windows XP Pro