[WriteLog] CW Feature

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW Feature
From: gw3njw@onetel.net.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Tue May 27 14:55:10 2003
Hi Fabio

<<I wish to suggest an improvement to writelog for CW Contestino operation.
As I used TR log by W6TR many years ago... I found very useful the way to
switch to transmit while I was typing the
Received callsigns on the keyboard. In the TR software you were able to set
the charcacter (I used the fourth) of the callsign after wich the software
switched to TX.>>

You have explained it very well OM. I am also an ex TR user, and used that
feature. However I was always "over-running" and transmitting before I
needed to! I really believe that if you use "CT compatible" mode, hit
<return> as soon as you need to, and then complete the callsign after
sending has started, that you will find this a much better method. This is
pretty badly explained in the documentation, so let me know if you don't
understand it.

73

Ciao
Clive