[WriteLog] USB serial adaptor

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB serial adaptor
From: mail@mm0ant.co.uk (MM0ANT)
Date: Mon Jun 2 16:08:57 2003
I had extreme problems with these devices under other applications
and would not recommend them. I prefer the items from www.easysync.co.uk
which are just as cheap and prove to be much better supported in general.

The Belkin one has no support for software written in Visual Basic 6 or
anything else needing the MSCOMM handler. Belkin support were of no
use in diagnosing the problem although they did offer to swap out for a
newer device after a lot of complaining, unfortunately I had just sold them on
Ebay earlier that day!

An extract of the communications with them is attached.

Robert
MM0ANT

To: <writelog@contesting.com>